Volunteer Coordinator - Taste of Edmonton 2021
Position Overview: The Volunteer Coordinator will support the Volunteer Manager to ensure that all aspects of the volunteer program are carried out efficiently for Taste of Edmonton 2021.
- Source recruitment opportunities for new volunteers
- Communicate with volunteer applicants and perform telephone interviews
- Schedule volunteers in Volgistics volunteer administration program
- Perform general clerical and administrative duties
- Prepare Taste of Edmonton 2021 Volunteer Handbook
- Assist with preparing material and facilitating volunteer orientation(s)
- Prepare and set up volunteer supplies required on Taste of Edmonton site
- Assist with coordination and implementation of Taste of Edmonton Health & Safety Initiatives
- Provide a friendly and joyful work environment for volunteers
- Supervise, monitor and evaluate volunteer performance during festival
- Attend to situations that arise during festival
- Complete Festival Wrap-up report
- Assist with Taste of Edmonton ticket weighing after the festival
- Record actual hours and evaluation of volunteers into volunteer software program (Volgistics)
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Detail orientated
- Excellent communication and people skills; friendly, positive and professional
- Ability to handle a high paced environment and multiple simultaneous tasks
- Exceptional problem solving abilities
- Quick thinker and able to make decisions on the spot
- Ability to do some lifting, walking and working for extended hours
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (WORD, Excel, Publisher & PowerPoint)
- Experience with event and/or volunteer coordination is an asset
- 7 hours per day, 35 hours per week / Contract Term: May 31 – August 13, 2021
- Office hours: 8:30 am - 4:00pm / Monday - Friday
- Work extended hours; evenings and weekends, leading up to and during the festival.
- Must be able to work July 22 - August 1, 2021 inclusive.
- Over time hours are paid at 1.5x after 44 hours of regular time in accordance with provincial labour standards.
- Proficient in spoken and written English language
- Follow Human resource policies and procedures as set out in Alberta Employment Standards.
- Comply with all provincial and federal municipal codes of practices and bylaws
- Physically able to lift up to 50lbs
- Must be of legal age